Saturday, October 1, 2011

Masculine Birthday

Why is it so difficult to come up with cool masculine birthday cards? It shouldn't be that difficult, but then I look at my stamp collection, and at least 1/2 if not more of the sets have flowers in them... maybe that's why - slimmer pickin's :)

Again, went right to SCS for the challenges which I LOVE to do! I feel like with a little structure I can be more creative if that's possible.

For this card I used Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, and Cool Caribbean (retired) from Stampin' Up!  The background is a Provo Craft embossing folder, and the punches are all from Stampin' Up! also. (Ive been on a punch kick lately - it's fun!)

I really liked how this card came together - fast and simple, but has enough "stuff" going on to look complete!  I also feel like the "ball" at the bottom looks a lot like the Pixar ball  - which is a fun touch - wrong colors, but correct design.

The stamp set is "eat cake" - also retired Stampin' Up!

This card is for SCS Sketch Challenge #352 and Color Challenge #342 (Altho i had to use "close" colors and I ran out in my stash!)




No comments:

Post a Comment