Friday, September 23, 2011

Try a New Technique Challenge

I could spend all day just going on stamping websites and getting ideas from all the insanely creative people out there! My card making and scrapbooking tends to come in waves, but Im trying to make it more consistent, which is why I love doing "challenges". Challenges give me some framework so I don't have to be 100% creative all the time, but only 80% and follow the 20% laid out in the challenge.

I needed a card for a wedding of a dear friend of mine this weekend, and so I went to SCS and chose to participate in the "Try a New Technique" challenge. The challenge this week was to "Embossed Kiss".

In short, you take a solid stamp, ink it up, and then "kiss" it to an embossing folder so that some of the ink comes off and you are left with the pattern from the embossing folder on the stamp - and then press to your paper.

I don't have many embossing folders, as I JUST got a Big Shot about a week ago - but I had some SU textured folders. The result was a little more muted and slightly blurry then I would have liked, but in the end I feel that the result was quite nice.


The background flowers is another Stampin'Up! embossing folder which I LOVE, and the "Bold Butterflies" are stamping and kissed in Close to Cocoa.

Thanks for looking!
Mancy

No comments:

Post a Comment